As a public service, Shaw Media will provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for the newsletter here
The number of La Salle County residents known to have active novel coronavirus cases hovered near the 500 mark Wednesday, as 16 new positive tests and 11 additional recoveries reported by the La Salle County Health Department lifted the current number of known, active cases to 498 in the county.
The 16 new cases — a woman in her 70s, three women in their 60s, one woman and one man in their 50s, two women and a pair of men in their 40s, one woman and a man in their 20s, and four boys in their teens — bring the running total to 1,764.
The 11 new recoveries bring that running total to 1,210.
Fifty-six La Salle County residents have died from complications related to COVID-19.
There have been 30,627 tests taken among La Salle County residents since mid-March, with 5.76% of them having come back positive.
Changes in the Illinois Department of Public Health's ZIP code data [these numbers sometimes lag behind the county reports and are adjusted as more information becomes available] from Tuesday's report include:
• Streator had four additional confirmed cases, increasing its total since the start of the pandemic to 386.
• Ottawa had three additional cases, increasing its total to 296.
• La Salle had two additional cases, increasing its count to 173.
• Peru had two additional cases, increasing its total to 151.
• Somonauk, which also is in DeKalb County, had two additional cases, increasing its total to 42.
• Mendota had one additional case, increasing its count to 280.
• Oglesby had an additional case, increasing its total to 67.
• Sheridan had an additional case, increasing its total to 52.
• Grand Ridge had one additional case, increasing its total to 25.
• Wenona, which is mostly in Marshall County, with a new case is at 18.
• Marseilles remained at 108.
• Utica's count remained at 41.
• Seneca's count remained at 29.
• Earlville's tally remained at 25.
• Leland's total remained at 24.
• Tonica's tally remained at 15.
• Lostant remained at 11.
• Millington, which also is in Kendall County, remained at nine cases.
• Ransom's total remained at seven.
• Cedar Point's tally remained at seven.