Kitch Fire 0007.jpg

Firefighters douse rags that ignited in a kitchen at Sapp Bros. in Peru. Peru fire chief Jeff King said firefighters immediately extinguished the fire upon arrival shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday. A cause was not immediately known.

A cardboard box containing rags ignited and the fire was extinguished quickly at Sapp Bros. truck stop in Peru.

Several area fire departments including Peru and Spring Valley responded to the scene, but were told to return to their fire stations.

Firefighters had additional calls soon after the 5 p.m. call to the truck stop on Plank Road, including a two-car crash near Veterans Park. No injuries were reported.

Also, Spring Valley firefighters were called about smoke around the old Ancare veterinary building at Webster Park, and they learned that the smoke came from the startup for a cremation process.

0
0
0
0
0

newstrib.com
A real time look at local businesses social media postings.

Recommended for you

Load comments